How would you like to work for a non-profit that truly serves the Latino community and makes positive changes?
If you are interested in any of our open positions, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are no current openings, you may still email us your resume and we will keep it on file.
Seeking a full-time Staff Accountant with experience in non-profit and fund accounting. Must be able to work in QuickBooks and Excel, analyze data, prepare reports, and develop procedures as needed to improve internal controls, efficiency and accuracy of data. The successful candidate will be expected to perform reconciliations, allocations, budgeting, and journal and data entry functions. Other duties include preparing quarterly and annual reports for federal grants, written budgets and budget narratives, and assisting with the preparation of audit data.
- Work in a finance team with the bookkeeper and agency management to ensure good communication (weekly meetings, emails, by phone and in person) regarding ongoing tasks, special projects, and any procedural changes that may be needed.
- Input financial data in QuickBooks. This primarily includes making journal entries and making any needed corrections and updates to data already entered.
- Manage chart of accounts and class lists in QuickBooks to ensure all transactions are properly classified by type of income or expense, and in the right program based on funding source (government grants, foundation grants, contracts, etc.).
- Analyze and allocate expenses across programs for bills, debits, and check requests, so that each program pays its fair share without exceeding its budget for each type of expense.
- Provide supervision and advice on financial transactions. Instruct program staff on proper procedures for making purchases.
- Help to develop financial procedures and policies. Advise management on best practices, and propose any changes that may be needed to ensure greater efficiency and accuracy. Develop and update formal policy and procedures documents as required.
- Prepare budgets, budget-to-actual comparisons and customized financial reports. Assist program staff in developing the proposed budget and associated budget narrative for each new grant proposal. Create a new budget spreadsheet in Excel for each new program or program year and update at least monthly, more often as required, to input the actual income and expenses for each month. Work with management to ensure that each budget complies with the funding source’s requirements and that actual expenses match the authorized budget as closely as possible.
- Analyze each program’s income and expenses on a monthly basis to ensure that income and expenses are in balance in the case of Federal and cost reimbursement programs, and are neither underspent nor overspent overall. Prepare quarterly and annual Federal Financial Reports online for the Federal budgets.
- Prepare the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows, monthly for management and quarterly for the board of directors. Annotate each report with explanatory notes and present reports to the board at their quarterly meetings.
- Develop other reports such as payroll analyses, donation ledgers and charts, as requested by management. Maintain spreadsheets for health and dental insurance allocations.
- Prepare annual Workers Compensation audit.
- Calculate accrued payroll for end of fiscal year, and at other times if required.
- Provide reconciliation reports and underlying paperwork to CPA firm or auditors as requested.
Amistades is currently recruiting community-minded, energetic, and dedicated volunteers. Please email volunteer inquiries to email@example.com